March 29, 2012

Sacramento

Josh had to go to Sacramento for a CDA house of delegates meeting. I was able to get off work so that I could go with him. He was in meetings non-stop the entire weekend so I was flying solo. We had a really nice room at the Marriot in down town right across from the capitol. It had free continental breakfast that was so yummy!! The room had a fridge and stove and was really big and nice so I didn't mind hanging out in it but decided to see some of the sights. I went to The capitol first and did a tour. It was so pretty and really interesting. Then I walked to the Govenors mansion and toured that. The Raegans were the last to live there. I love old houses and it was so fun to see how much things have changed. It was once the tallest building in the city. It was built so the originial owner, a merchant, could see his ships come into the harbour. The next day I went shopping and visited old town sacramento. It felt like you were going back in time with the dirt streets, wooden walk ways and horse and buggies. I was able to go to dinner with josh and the tricounty dental society at a fancy japanese restaurant and then we went out to eat the next night with the LDS dentists since the banquet was a wine tasting event. I had a great time and was so happy that I could go with him.
Josh on the other hand was hard at work. He is very good at being a delegate and he takes the voting very seriously. He actually got up and talked in front of the entire house a couple different times. Once was to present an ammendment that he wrote and it passed!! The other was to overturn an unfair vote and that passed also! He is a pretty big deal and everyone was so impressed with him. He had so many dentists come to introduce themselves and shake his hand. I'm so proud of him and all that he does to enhance his career and to gain experience. He is so professional and intelligent and he cares so much about the dental field and about the community. He is working hard to pave the way for his generation. Keep up the good work Josh! Love you :)


This is a pretty cathedral I saw walking back from old town.
Ships on the River



wooden walkways along the cute little shops.
Horse and buggies. (side story, I got hit on while taking this picture but I was super scared and I just blew him off and it was pretty hilarious looking back, I must have looked like a big dork. oh well, sorry mister, I'm married!)

This sign says old town sacramento and was like a gateway into it but you can't really see it in the picture. sorry!
scaled model of the original govenor's mansion

\
The outside of the mansion. Beautiful!


statue in the Captiol building

amazing architecture and detail.


The dome!

Outside of the Capitol

View from our Hotel room
Sunset
The Room


No comments:

Background