March 29, 2012

The Ellen Show!!

The Gifts!

The car I thought I was going to win... I didn't :(
Just some harry potter stuff...

The line to get into the audience

Stuffed in the car with all our awesome stuff!

So excited for Ellen!! and way to early!!


Me and Leah!! Thanks friend for taking me with you :)

pumpkin streusal pancakes

Chowing down!

In December, my good friend Leah Barrus got tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show 12 days of give aways. We were standby and were not guaranteed a spot. She and her Husband went to Burbank at 10:00 at night and slept in the line in the parking garage. They were the 2nd people in the standby line! I got to them around 5:30am. When the crew came to pass out place holders at 8am we got some of the first tickets! If anyone from standby got on it would be us. We went to breakfast at our favorite place in Hollywood called “ The Griddle”. The serve HUGE pancakes and French toast. We had some yummy treats and then went back to walk around the WB lot. I got to see Harry Potter stuff from the movies which was very cool as I am a big fan J So we had to be back by 2:00 or so to line up for the show which was at 4:30. When we got back we had to fill out a survey of weird stuff we could do or things we liked. We weren’t chosen to participate in the games or be the cute ones they would show on tv. They kept having us wait and wait and kept pushing us to the standby line and making it seem as if we were not going to be on the show. We just kept walking until we got almost into the audience and they told the people behind us that they weren’t going to get on but we did!! When we got inside we were all split up and had to sit next to random people. I was in the 5th row right in the middle. We did a lot of dancing and had a great time. The mom from The Help was there and also the little girl from We bought a zoo. The show was awesome. Ellen was so funny and we had a great time. Now for the prizes!! It was Radioshack day so we got……

A 32 in flat screen tv

An HTC wildfire S smartphone with otterbox case and 3 months prepaid service with Virgin mobile.

A blue tooth

A waterproof Kodak sport video recorder

Waterproof fancy headphones

A Samsung surround sound.

The complete Series of Law and order ($700 value) 20 seasons

5 Bluray/DVD combos including The help, The changeup, Fast five, Bridesmaids and cowboys vs aliens.

A Toshiba tablet computer!

I was so excited I was jumping up and down and shaking the lady next to me. I was screaming and laughing and crying and couldn’t wait to show Josh. We were able to get all of our prizes right away but we had to cram it all into the Barrus’ old car. Luckily it’s a beast and we fit it all in comfortably. We tricked Josh and only took in the small stuff first but then showed him the tv and finally the surround sound.
The surround sound ended up not being very good and we already had a flat screen so we returned them both back to walmart and got over 600 for them. I sold the Law and order set for 350 on ebay. And after a few different scams with the phone we decided to give it to an awesome family in our ward. They have 7 kids and their boys are the most respectful, helpful, well behaved boys around. Their family does so much for not only our ward but for the community. They were going to buy another phone for their boy who just received the priesthood and I had taught him in primary so I wanted to do something to help. I wasn’t able to use it or sell it so I figured I would share the benefits of the 12 days of giveaways.

No comments:

Background