September 19, 2011

The Big Five-Oh





My daddy just turned 50 on Sept 16. I was able to go spend the weekend with him and my mom in Vegas. I ended up working friday from 7-2 and had to get up at 5 to get there. I then drove 4.5 hours straight from work to Vegas. I got there around 6:30 and we went to a yummy Italian restaurant for dinner. I was super boring and just went to bed when we got back to the room. The next morning they had a meeting and I took my time getting ready and took a bath in the huge Jacuzzi tub. I laid out on the balcony and wished that I could play in the lazy river. We started the day with a buffet at the Silverton and then enjoyed looking at the fish and ducks at bass pro shop. Then we went shopping and they spoiled me as usual which was nice considering it was his birthday not mine. But I'm not one to complain about gifts. Then we went back to the room and watched football and ate snacks. We only saw the first few minutes of the Utah vs BYU game but it was glorious to behold. I'm sorry to all you BYU fans but I do love Utah! We got free tickets to a comedy show at the RIO and we decided to have another buffet there first because I love the rio buffet. They have all you can eat gelato and who doesn't love gelato? SO after gorging myself for the 3rd time that day I was feeling super sick and miserable as we watched the 2 shows there at the rio. The free show in the shops was very naughty but the floats were fun and the beads were nice. Then I just went back and went to bed again. So it was a very relaxing and fun weekend with my cute parents. I'm so lucky to have such awesome parents. They do so much for me and Josh and I don't know what we would do without them. Happy Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you :)

No comments:

Background