August 29, 2011

First Job!!

I finally got a permanent job!! I absolutely love the office, the staff, and the Doctor. He is a newer dentist and he started the office from scratch so its pretty small. It has all new state of the art equipment and its super nice and comfortable. He is very friendly and values my opinion. He doesn't try to upsell and he cares a lot about his patients. I don't feel pressure to sell or to push certain things which means a lot to me. I only work there every other Saturday from 8-1. This is the first time he has ever had a hygienist and since his office is still slow he is building up to more days. Its not much but its all mine! I am just thrilled to work there and can't wait until it is more days.
I've been working as a temp hygienist for the last few months and was staying pretty busy but then things got pretty slow. I am signed up with 4 different temp agencies now and I've got my resume on several sites. I've applied to hundreds of jobs and taken my resume around to several offices around my house in about 8 different cities. I've networked with dentists at josh's school, Dentists I've worked for, people in our ward, friends, classmates, co-workers.... I've tried cold calling and online things. I called all the temp agencies again and reminded them I'm still looking and that I'm ready to work. I called all the offices I dropped my resume off at and checked on the status of openings and also sent them updated resumes. I'm doing just about everything I can think along with a ton of praying!

August has not been good to me and so far I've only worked 4 half days. I was laying in bed one morning feeling very discouraged and I just started praying and pouring the desires of my heart out to the lord. I felt a little better and I got up and started getting ready when the phone rang. It was the Dr. I had just interviewed with and he offered me the position! I was so happy I was stumbling over my words and probably sounded like an idiot. The doctor actually laughed!

I worked my first day last Saturday and it went so great! It was a little wild but we are getting things figured out and everyone survived. I felt good about my first day and I know I did my best so that's all I can ask for. Check out the office website if you'd like here http://www.healthysmilesfcd.com/

I know that if I just keep doing the best I can and staying true to my faith, God will provide a way. I know that the right job is out there and that he will lead me to it when the time is right. I'm trying hard to be patient and enjoy the time I have.

Josh and I have had some fun times together since we've both had very open schedules. It is nice to be able to see so much of each other now. We have great friends and there is so much to do here. It has been super hot so we've just kinda hung out at home and its been awesome. I'm so in love and we are so happy. I love my life and i'm grateful to be where I am. I am excited to see what the future holds for us.

2 comments:

Leona said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you!!! New jobs are great, especially when it's a great atmosphere! Congratulations!

Landon Family said...

Congratulations!!! You are so great Sara, and I know you will do good in everything you do. Yay!

Background