August 9, 2011

Visitors
















a couple weeks ago Josh's Dad came into town while he was driving truck and we were able to have him stay the night with us. We got ice cream at Handels and then went out to breakfast the next morning before taking him back to his truck. It was nice to see him and to get to spend some time with him.

Then a few days later Josh's uncle, who also drives truck, came into town and he stayed with us a few days also. I took him to the mall so he could get some new clothes for his trip to Disneyland with his 3 cute kiddos. Then my parents came and he had to go back to his truck.

My parents stayed for almost a week and we had so much fun with them! we went to Mormon dodger night and watched them play against the Washington Nationals and then we went to San Diego to see the temple and the Mormon battalion in Old Town San Diego. We ate dinner at the Old Town Mexican Cafe and it was DELICIOUS. We had a very special day as a family there and I'm just so excited about it. Then Sunday we had a nice quiet day of church and then a yummy dinner with our friends Martha and Gus. We went to dinner at a restaurant called "the boiling crab" where you order seafood by the pound and they bring it too you cooked in an amazing sauce in a bag and you eat it right off the table with your hands! it was a mess and we were all covered in it by the end but we finished it and it was soooo good! We went shopping and they spoiled Josh for his birthday (belated but it didn't matter) and then we headed up the mountain to Big Bear to stay for the night. We hung out and ate mostly and just enjoyed the fresh, cool mountain air. When we got back my mom made home made tortillas and my dad made Chile Verde. We went to Gus and Martha's and they had carne asada and rice and beans and we shared a big Home made Mexican feast. I miss their cooking and our big family dinners so it was nice to do it at least once while they were here. We were supposed to go to the beach but I got a job interview and so they ended up leaving early. I was super bummed that I didn't get to say goodbye again. I just kissed them all goodnight and didn't know they wouldn't be there when I got home the next day. I Love them all so much and it was so fun to have our family around us. After they left we started packing and cleaning up the house to get ready for our trip to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!
(I carry my camera around everywhere and of course we have our phones but I am so bad at taking pictures. I feel bad I don't have more. I didn't even get 1 of Rick! )

No comments:

Background