September 29, 2011

Meet G. V. Black






We got a PUPPY!! Josh went to San Franscisco and while he was gone I picked up the little guy. We had been talking about it for years and I have been obsessing about it for the last several months. I finally decided to take the plunge! Josh thought that the dog was super cute and said that he wanted me to be happy and that he would support my decision. He is an 8 week old maltipoo (1/2 toy poodle and 1/2 toy maltese) We named him G. V. Black after the founder of modern dentistry. Nerdy, we know, but we LOVE it. We call him "Geevee". He is a very good puppy and is pretty much crate and potty trained. The first couple of days were rough for all of us as we tried to figure this all out but its getting better every day. He sleeps in his crate very well and only cries a little but we just say "no" and he stops right away. He is getting so good at going potty on his pads outside and we put him out and he will go right away and then give a little bark to let us know he's done then sits patiently and waits for us to open the door and let him in. He is shy and will only go if we don't stay out there with him. He is playful in spurts but he sleeps A LOT since he is still just a baby. He is so sweet and cuddly and he is just the most adorable little thing ever!! He is like a little teddy bear. He loves to be held and scratched and he likes to play with our toes while we eat at the table. I am a little overwhelmed with having someone else depending on me and I don't have any idea what I'm doing so its pretty scary. I feel way bad that we have to leave him alone while I work and Josh has school. He does fairly well. Some days a lot better than others. We leave him in the kitchen with every thing he needs and we put some music on for him. I know he gets lonely and bored but he will get used to it hopefully! I have been second guessing my decision to get him but then he cuddles up to us and he is learning so fast and I just don't think I could get rid of him now. We'll just all have to make it work!

2 comments:

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

That is one darn cute puppy!!!!! Makes me miss our little dog we had before we moved to Upland. Hope you are having a BLAST with him!!! So cute!!! We miss you guys!

Landon Family said...

How precious!!!! If we didn't have a cat I would love a puppy like that!

Background