June 16, 2010

New Responsibilities

Today I was voted as the Class President for our senior year of hygiene school. I am so excited for this new responsibility and challenge. I was the VP before and now my very good friend Cindy is my VP. I also started a new calling in the presidency of the Primary at church. I was called to be the 2nd counselor. The Primary president told me that the bishop suggested me and she knew the moment she heard my name that it was right but she fasted and prayed and felt for sure that I was meant for this position. When I was set apart, which by the way is one of my most favorite things about the church, The 1st counselor told me that the impression came to the bishop on the stand as he was looking out over the congregation and he wrote my name on a piece of paper and passed it down to them. They unanimously agreed but also prayed about it and felt that I would be perfect for the job. I was overwhelmed with emotion and my testimony has grown so much. It means a lot to hear such sweet things them. I am so grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'm grateful for the power of the priesthood and that my husband is a worthy priesthood holder. What a wonderful blessing it is to know that we can be together forever. It is going to be a busy year ahead between school, church, and family but I know that the lord will bless me as I serve him by serving those around me.


No comments:

Background