October 12, 2008

My Great Surprise!!

Josh has been gone since wednesday evening and I have been going crazy! The first day I cried and cried and tried to keep myself busy with homework and housework but I discovered that I am incredibly efficient and got everything done wednesday night. So, Thursday was pretty busy all day with school, work, more school, Dinner with my parents, then more work, then homework and house work. But the nights are what is hard. I don't like to be alone especially at night. I am afraid of just about everything so it was pretty scary. I did a lot of praying and that really helped a ton. It was my grandma Macklin's 78th birthday yestderday so I went to Mesquite with her and my family for the weekend and stayed at the Virgin River. We went to Vegas Saturday afternoon for dinner at this amazing Italian restaurant, Don Antonios, and had dinner. I saved some chicken parmigean and pasta for Josh and had my parents take me to Landon and Ashely's house. Josh didn't know that I was going to go with them to the airport to get him and stay the night. I almost blew it quite a few times and Landon even told Josh I had just got there but made up a cover story only to find out Josh hadn't even heard him. After what seemed like forever he finally called and said his plane had landed and we rushed over to the airport. Ashley and I went in to find him but ended up just missing him and he beat us to the car. We walked up and he couldn't believe it. He jumped out laughing and hugged me! It was so awesome to actually surprise him! He always acts like Sherlock Holmes and figures out my secrets or gets me to spill the beans. He was very excited to see me and almost as excited for the left overs I brought him. It was really nice to see him even though we didn't get to spend to much time together. He drove me back to Mesquite and we had breakfast with my family and then he headed back to Vegas to catch his flight to Pittsburgh for interview #3. He will let you all know how the interviews went when he gets back. He will be home tomororw around midnight and I can't wait! Hope everything is going good for everyone! We love you all! Carpenters Out!

2 comments:

Robin Sant said...

Sara, i feel your pain. I was always so sad if Burton was away too long. I use to get scared of every little creek and noise. The first time we were apart from each other wasn't until we had been married for 7 years. It was when I flew out to Michigan to bring Mason home. I was there for one month by myslef with Olivia and Mason before I saw Burton.

If you are feeling lonley you should come down and hang with us and the kids. The kids would love to see ya again. Josh looks pretty sharp all dressed up in his suit.

Jacob Butler said...

That's cool you got to see each other! Hope the interviews went well!!

Background