October 15, 2008

I'm Back

After a really long weekend I am back in good ol' Cedar City. As you know I had 2 Dental School interviews this past weekend and they were great. I started off by going down to Las Vegas and staying with our friends Landon and Ashley. They are so great for letting me stay with them! I stayed at their house Wednesday night and Landon woke up and took me to the airport at 5:00in the morning what a stud! My flight took me to Houston and then to Philidelphia. When I got there my friend Matt Kelly came a picked me up from the airport. When in Philly it is a must to eat a Cheesesteak so as soon as he picked me up we went to a famous cheesesteak place called Chubby's. So we stopped and picked up some chubby's and went back to his apartment to eat them.
Me at Chubby's

The Chubby

Me Eating a Chubby


It was Delicious by the way. Matt and Calli were awesome for letting me stay with them. Matt took me to my interview at Temple the next day and gave me the behind the scenes tour (the stuff they don't show you on the real tour). The school was nice, a little old, but I loved it. The patient base is phenomenal right now they have over 55,000 active patients with new patients coming in every day. If I get accepted here I would see so much stuff it would be unbelievable. I thought the interview went well. It was very laid back and the guy that showed us around the school Brian Hahn was awesome. It was a group style interview and there were five of us for this one interviewer. The questions were really straight forward no off the wall questions like the horror stories you hear about. After that I sat through a lecture with Matt and then we went back to the apartment and ordered some pizza and did homework. Saturday Matt took me out on the town and showed me the Rocky Steps and I got my picture with Rocky Himself.
Me with Rocky!

This is where he stood.

Rocky must have been a heavy dude because he left these brass shoe prints!

The Steps

After I ran up the steps and made a fool of my self we went over to the Liberty Bell monument and saw that which was cool. Then we tried to get tickets to go see where the constitution was signed but they didn't have any available which was kind of a drag. Downtown Philly was really neat lot of historic places to see.
Me and the Bell

Ben Franklin's Final Resting Place

Where it all began

After the historical tour we finished off my trip at the place for Philly Cheessteaks in Philly. Jim's it was the best thing I have ever eaten I wish I was there right now.
On the Grill

After that it was back to the airport. Philly was awesome the neighbor hood where Matt and Calli lived was really nice there was a huge park in their backyard. I could really see myself living there.
So as I am sure I have mentioned before in previous blogs I had to fly clear back to Vegas and then clear back to Pittsburgh for the second interview which kinda sagged. But I am getting ahead of myself. So I flew back to Vegas where my wifey surprised me with her presence which was really nice because I really missed her while I was gone. So they took me home and I went straight to bed. The next day my flight left at 4:30 and I got to the airport in Pittsburgh at 11:30 at night. An awesome former SUU student who is now going to school at Pitt Darren Hatch came and picked me up. He was awesome he had never met me before but he came and got me way late and took me to his house and let me stay there. I didn't get to meet his wife but I hope to one day and I thank both of them for letting me stay there. Pittsburgh was really nice. It was really cool to drive into the city at night and see it all lit up. The next day Monday Darren took me to the school for the interview. The school was very nice we had an awesome brunch with the current students we got to pick their brains. The interview went really good my interviewer was awesome he made me feel really comfortable and he didn't ask me any of the normal questions at all. He just asked me about the dental clinic that I started and then we just sat and chatted it was really nice. The school was super nice and the faculty seemed really friendly. After the interview was over Darren showed me around Pittsburgh a little it seemed really nice it was a beautiful time of year to go with all the leaves on the trees turning colors. I wish that I had more time to explore the city but my flight left only 3 hours after the interview was over. After showing me around I got on a bus to the airport and flew back home. I drove all the way back home and got in at about 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Overall it was a good trip I am still trying to get on the right time but I loved every place that I visited.
This is a picture of Pitt dental school form the 36 floor of a big tall building on the Pitt campus

Carpenters Out

No comments:

Background