September 30, 2009

A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place!!

Small view of the mountains from our balcony. They do remind me a little of home :)

Table and chairs out on the patio.

Dining room table. I just love this table cloth!

Guest Bathroom, The blue bucket was in my grandma's garage and I asked her for it and now it was the inspiration behind the whole bathroom! Thanks grandma
The star Josh bought me for my birthday because he knew how much I loved it when I saw it in the window of the store. What a cutie pie huh?

Guest bathroom.

living room

Shelf in the living room

Living room

Kitchen

Dining Room

Laundry room

Guest Bedroom! This bed is sooo soft and comfy. You should all come visit really soon!!

Office /guest bedroom

Hall way. These are wedding pictures from my mom's parents (top left) My dad's parents, (top right), my parents, bottom left, and Josh's parents(bottom right)

Master Bathroom

Faith in God includes Faith in his timing... in master bath

Master bedroom. Our new king size bed I got an awesome deal on thanks to Craigs list and the new Bedspread I bought at Ross for $34. Same one at walmart was $99. I was excited.
more master Bedroom. Gotta love the hampers.



Since we moved to Cali back at the end of July we have been living in a small one bedroom apartment with most of our things still in boxes stacked from floor to ceiling in the dining room. We had all our furniture crammed into it and it felt like we were living in a storage unit. It was actually a very nice apartment for the price and the location. We lucked out. It had a great master walk in closet that I loved and will miss and also a huge tub in the bathroom that was very cool. It was nice for a temporary thing but was not working very well because we have WAY to much stuff! I am a neat freak and my OCD was getting the best of me. Josh told me to take pictures of it but I was to stubborn and said I didn't want to remember it. So you will just have to take my word for it and use your imagination to visualize how uncomfortable I felt there. So now that the house fell through and we found this other apartment I feel much better that I know where I will be living for the next 4 years and don't have to stress anymore. We decided that renting, although its more expensive, makes more sense right now.

I am sooo happy to finally have a place to call home. We got all moved into our new apartment, unpacked, and even decorated!! My mom and grandma came to help me and we went shopping for a big cupboard to put in the dining room for more storage because the kitchen had hardly any. I had no where to put half of my dishes and forget about the food storage! So we found a really nice one at home depot that matched the kitchen really well and was a great price and exactly what we needed. My mom and I put it all together and then my grandma helped me put everything away in it. It worked out just perfectly! My grandma also bought us a little butcher block for some added counter space so we have more room to work. We made the not so great kitchen work for us. Then they helped me get a few little things like curtains and towels and stuff so that we had everything we needed and the house would feel like a home. My mom decided to just do an early Christmas since we needed the help now. After they left, I was able to get the last of our things unpacked and put away and now this apartment feels like home.

Some little things to update about....
The day after we moved in, we were going to take the uhaul back and had brought down a load of empty boxes to throw away. Josh had backed the truck in for me because he knows how bad I am at it and told me to just put the boxes in the truck and follow him to the uhaul place. So meanwhile, I'm thinking about what mess the apartment is and how there isn't enough storage to put all our things away and am completely overwhelmed. I had no clue where the dumpsters were and was trying to look around for some so I could stop and empty the truck out and just started driving and turning towards what I thought was the trash. All of a sudden there is this awful sound and the truck is bumping around so I assumed I had hit the curb like I usually do and just kept going. Well then I snapped out of my funk and realized that wasn't a normal "curb" sound so I stopped and backed up. I looked over at Josh who had a horrified look on his face. I started driving towards him and he looked at the side of the truck and threw his hands in the air and turned away. I threw the truck into park and jumped out and ran around to see what had happened. The passenger door s were all mashed in and there was a big yellow mark all the way down. I had hit a huge yellow fire hydrant :( Thats what I get for not paying attention to what I was doing. I felt so bad I just couldn't stop crying. I was all worried about the truck, the apartment, money, school.... that I just couldn't control my emotions any more. I called my mom and was hysterical. That is when she decided to call my grandma and drive down right away. She is such a sweet heart. I am so blessed to have such a kind, thoughtful mom. She is such a good example to me and is so beautiful and strong and loving. I appreciate her so much and am just so lucky to have such a close relationship with her.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Your place looks adorable!!

Michael & Nikki said...

Very cute and comfy!! You decorate so cute! I'm in love with your red lamp!! SO fun!!! I hope your stress level is decreasing! You start school soon right?? Good Luck!! :)

Aaron and Jodi said...

The place looks great. Congrats! Hope Josh is doing well.

Landon Family said...

So nice, You have awesome taste if I do say so myself!

Background