September 22, 2009

Family Vacation


The Macklin Family came over labor day weekend to bring our washer and dryer and BBQ to us and to bring my Grandma. They left on labor day and my grandma stayed with me to keep me company while Josh studied for a big test. Her and I had lots of fun just the two of us shopping, playing games, and eating! It was great bonding time for us that we haven't had since I was little. My parents and my little sister came back that Sunday and all but poor Joshy drove to Anaheim to stay in our condo down the street from Disneyland!! We spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at Disneyland. My aunt Cookie and uncle Donny were able to surprise my grandma by coming all the way from Salt Lake to spend the 3 days with us at Disney. Josh came to go to dinner and spend some time with the fam on Tuesday night after school. He had his test that Monday and then helped a friend from school move. It was my dad's birthday on Wednesday and we ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Casa Garcia's on Chapman ave in Anaheim, just down from Disneyland. Thursday we spent most the day at Knott's Berry Farm. A lot of the rides were closed but it was still fun. There was hardly anyone there so we went on all the rides as many times as we wanted with out even having to get back in line. Friday we headed out to Oceanside to spend the weekend in another condo on the beach. It was harbor days there with local businesses booths and stuff on the pier. There were live bands and all sorts of yummy food and cool things to look at, not to mention some free stuff. Josh hitched a ride with a classmate who lives near oceanside and spent the weekend with my family. They crammed us into the van and took us home on Sunday and then headed back to Utah. It was so much fun getting to spend time with them and to get a little bit of a get-away. I am so glad that we decided to move to California so that we are close enough they can come over so much and spend time with me. They have done so much for us and we are very lucky to have such wonderful family. I miss them so much but i'm grateful for the time that I was able to spend with them this month. Thanks a ton guys for all you do for us!! We love you!


Me and my grandma (dad's mom) outside a Basque restaurnt. Embracing our heritage ;)\

Grandma's first time EVER on Splash Mountain at Disneyland out of the 50 years she has been going there.

me, grandma, mom, dad, tess, aunt cookie (dad's sister), Uncle Donny

Uncle Donny and Aunt Cookie! Such a fun surprise, I'm so glad they came. I wish that their kids and my dad's other sister, sandra and her family could have come too.


Saloon show at Knott's Berry Farm.


No comments:

Background