April 28, 2009

Birthday Weekend and Unlucky 21

I remembered to take the camera with us on all our adventures but forgot to use it so this will be kind of boring. Friday My mom and Josh had a big yard sale and then she made my favorite dinner and cake. Saturday her and I got up early and went to St. George for the day. We went shopping and got some cute summer clothes and an outfit for graduation and my interview for hygiene school. Then we went out to lunch and to costco and after that we both got hour long massages. We came back to cedar and were going to get our nails done but decided we will wait until this week so they will look good for graduation. We went out to eat at brad's for dinner and then her and my dad bought me this super yummy German chocolate cake from the lady who made our wedding cake. They lit the candles and sang happy birthday and then my mom and I worked on some craft projects for my interior design final. Then sunday morning (my real birthday) Josh brought me breakfast in bed and we just spent some quality time together. Then we got ready and packed for Mesquite. We drove down and thats when the bad luck began. I put some money in a slot machine and lost it all, put some money down on red and lost that too, played bingo 3 times and got really close but never won. I was seriously bummed and sick that I had just lost all that money! And to top it all off, while I was playin my $5 from the virgin river rewards card, my flip flop broke and they were the only shoes I had. We were right next to the gift shop so we went in and there were only some ugly green ones for $15! I was very depressed and cried most of the night. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who was super patient and sweet. My parents came and had dinner with us there and then we went to the liquor store and bought some grenadine(fruity flavoring for Shirley Temples, our favorite!). We stayed at the Eureka hotel and the room was really nice. We had fun spending the whole day together. Being 21 isn't all it was cracked up to be!



Me and My mama at the end of a long and very fun day!


My beautiful and delicious birthday cake. Thanks Mom and Dad, and Thanks Liz for making it!

1 comment:

Michael & Nikki said...

Happy 21st!!! I never win either, better luck next time. :o)

and about the pictures... I have never done them for anyone out of my family. SCARY!!! I would be so nervous.

Background