December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Break and The Christmas Spirit

Thanksgiving break was so nice! Josh and I definately needed a vacation from school. Thanksgiving dinner turned out awesome. We had 17 people there from my family and Josh's and there was tons of food! We ate ourselves silly! Then, Friday my mom and grandma took us shopping for some Christmas decorations for our house. This is our first Christmas in our own place so we didn't have much and they wanted to help. We found some great deals and my mom and I made an adorable wreath for about $10 that is much cuter than the $60 one I wanted at Roberts crafts. I was so excited that I went home and decorated right away. I love Christmas time and all the lights and pretty decorations everywhere. It just makes me smile whenever I see it. I love searching for gifts for everyone and the yummy treats and everything else about the season. I do however remember the reason that we celebrate Christmas is in honor of the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Everytime I think of his life, his example, and his ultimate sacrifice or gift shall we say; I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude to him and to our father in heaven. I love the spirit of service and charity at Christmas time and I wish that it would last all year round! I feel like I am a little more patient and a little nicer at this time and I think most people are too (at least in my own little dream world). We also went to Grantsvillle for baby Carson's blessing. Josh was really excited that Jake asked him to be in the circle, it was his first time participating in a baby blessing. We love Jake and Heather's families, they are just the sweetest people and always make us feel like one of the gang. Thanks guys for inviting us! Anyway, Merry Christmas to All of you and I hope that we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas and let ourselves be more willing to be an instrument in the hands of God this holiday season. We love you!
PS: There is a lot of pictures!


The wreath we made!


I love this cute little moose!
We got this whole nativity set for $10!
"Oh Christmas Tree"

Christmas towels Grandma bought

Isn't Dawson just adorable?!
Jake and Carson
The Happy Family

Background