September 7, 2008

Sara's First Mountain Biking Experience: Three Peaks

Josh and I went to three peaks with JD and Ashley for a little mountain biking. This was my first time EVER riding a bike in the mountains not to mention that the only bike I have riden since I was 10 is at the gym (trust me, its not the same). I stuggled, A LOT, but I made it all the way around the loop that we chose. I did do quite a bit of "hike a bike" but at least I finished it. We had a good time but I was so mad that I had such a hard time that when we got home we went right to the bike shop and bought a sweet mountain bike that is the perfect size and style for me. We rode our bikes to my parents house a few miles away for dinner tonight and it was mostly up hill on the way there but coming home was obviously downhill(I really like downhill!) We are planning to ride our bikes every night for about an hour and then go on some fun mountain trails on the weekends until it starts snowing here and then we will go down to st. george and ride.

Josh and I all pumped and Ready to Ride!!
The Gang Before the Ride!
JD and His Accountant ( Ashley)!
Us at the top of the mountian!

2 comments:

Robin Sant said...

Sara, I know what you mean about the bike riding. We just bought me a bike, and it has been years since I was on a bike that wasn't stationary. I didn't think it would be that hard, oh wow was I wrong. I guess I will be learing to ride a bike along with Olivia.
Hey if you guys are thinking about a baby, come and get my kids for 1 day, you may change your mind.....hahaha

Ashley said...

You forgot to post pics of your new awesome bike! where are we going this weekend?

Background