February 6, 2011

I'm Free!!!!













































I just graduated from Dental hygiene school January 28th, 2011. I was the class president so I gave a speech at the pinning and awards ceremony. I also wrote a poem for the class to the theme of Gilligan's Island that another girl presented. I think it went pretty well. My family and Josh's family were both able to come for the ceremony which was fabulous having them here. My dad sang "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, it was so sweet. I got the 4.0 award, deans list, and perfect attendance award. I was also recognized as one of the 5 students out of 30 to score over 90% on the national boards. It was a long, difficult 16 months but I was able to successfully complete the program. I am now just looking for a clinical board patient. I am taking the WREB in Phoenix this March. Then once I'm done with that I'll take a California law and ethics exam and then....I can finally put the letters RDH behind my name and get a real job! I don't know what to do with myself with all this free time. I've been reading books for fun and working out a lot more and hanging out with my girl friends (3 things I rarely if ever got to do while I was in school).

Josh is preparing to take his first round of national boards and finishing up his 2nd year of dental school. He's doing really well and is staying busy. He's involved in student government and is the CDA rep for his class. This position is one of the most prestigious because they only have 1 person for the whole 4 years. He gets to go to conventions and vote on new laws and stuff and they pay for everything! He gets pretty spoiled.

We were able to go home for christmas this year and spend time with both of our families. It's so nice that we are only 6 hours from them. I wish were able to go more often. We had a fantastic holiday.

Things overall are going so well for us and our families. We feel so fortunate to be able to pursue our dreams and educations. We have fabulous friends and families that are so supportive and helpful. We love our ward and our apartment and are very comfortable here. I am LOVING this California winter. It's been in the 70's and 80's most of Jan and Feb. I was even able to lay out before graduation! Hopefully I'll be better about blogging more than once every 4 months now that I'm done with school but you never know!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!! I loved your speech and I basically just love everything about you and need to come visit? Ok thanks! :) CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are just really brilliant...not fair. Love you! :)

Sara said...

Haha Kendra you are so sweet. I love you! I told you to come out whenever you want! My number is still the same. I'll be waiting. :)

Landon Family said...

You are so great! Congrats Sara! You are so blessed. Miss you!

Background