March 31, 2009

Do It Yourself Crafts

In my interior design class my teacher always shows us clips from a TV show called Studio5. One episode had Jennifer Heslop on talking about how to take old junk from a salvage yard and turn it into something really clever and cute. Danica and I thought it was so cool so we are planning a trip to Salt Lake to go to George's Salvage yard like she did in the show. SO since I had been thinking about sprucing up some old junk to turn it into a treasure I had a great idea. I had taken this little shelf from my grandma's garage and put it in my kitchen but it was just plain wood and a little dull. I was doing dishes the other day and I decided I would try out my crafty skills on this shelf. I think it turned out pretty darn good considering I am not very good at making things look the way I imagine.

here is the supplies I used. Craft paint, sponge brushes, sand paper, scrap book paper, modge podge and clear acrylic paint.


BEFORE


AFTER




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, way to be crafty!! Love it!!

Background